Camping at Home

This weekend the kids had a lot of fun with Daddy. It is hard on them when he works a lot and they were so excited to see him this weekend. Of course Daddy has all the best ideas and he decided to do a camp-out in the family room. He talked to me about it and I thought it was a great idea. I guess I didn't know what he meant...

I come into the room to see him setting up our outdoor camping tent. I thought he was going to make something out of cushions and blankets, not this Dad. He had the full tent set up with an air mattress and sleeping bags. The kids were really going to get a camp-in.

My kids know a bit about camping. We have gone camping most summers and actually went twice this summer. They were so excited. They brought all their special things into the tent and were ready for their adventure.

Unlike our regular camping trips they all laid in the tent and watched a movie. They had ice cream and some quality time together. Daddy and Ethan fell asleep before the movie was over though.

Sunday morning I came down to find them all in the tent coloring and having fun. I brought my husband a nice cup of tea (also different than camping trips) and the kids hung out until it was time to get ready for church. Finally, Sunday evening the tent had to come down. The kids were sad but we promised them we would have a camp-in again soon.

What fun activities have you brought in? Share your ideas so we can have ways to beat the boredom when cabin fever sets in.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

1 Response to "Camping at Home"

  1. Beth Doda ~ disneymom2jhe says:
    September 28, 2010 at 11:58 AM

    What a great idea! Maybe we will have to try that here. Our friends do the real outdoor camping thing and invite us every year. I have managed to avoid it - I am absolutely not an outdoor girl, but this sounds great . . . my kind of camping!