The First Day of School

Today my oldest child starts kindergarten. She is riding the bus all by herself and off for a new adventure with out me. I am happy for her but I can't believe how fast these first 5 years have flown past. She has half day afternoon kindergarten and for this I am grateful. It works out great for our schedule and will be a good transition for us. She is excited, confident, and ready. I am so proud!

Do you have a child starting kindergarten this year? Half or full day? Bus or driving? What do you think, are you ready for this? Are they?
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

1 Response to "The First Day of School"

  1. Shani @ inspirednest.ca says:
    September 10, 2010 at 4:44 PM

    My oldest is starting kindergarten. It's a full day program and they are doing a gradual entry thing. We're lucky to live walking distance to school. I think my child is more ready than I am! It's the letting go thing that is super hard!