An Early Thanksgiving

Today we are having an early Thanksgiving dinner. I am cleaning out our freezers and using up all the frozen food we have. I decided to use a turkey and make a full Thanksgiving feast for dinner. Besides the turkey we will have sausage and cranberry stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn, sweet potatoes with cinnamon/honey butter, cranberry sauce and gravy. Is that too much for my family of 5? I'm sure it is so we'll be having turkey all week.

Tomorrow or Wednesday I'll make my turkey soup and there is sure to be some turkey salad. Its smelling good and I can't wait.

On a more serious note, I really have so much to be thankful for. I always think about the many blessings God has given me whenever I have a turkey dinner. I know it has been a difficult week for many of my friends and family with the sickness and loss of dear friends/family. It has even been a difficult week for our country as we remember what happened on September 11, 2001. Tonight as I sit down to dinner I will be thinking of my family and friends and thankful for the opportunity I have to know you and the blessings you have been to others. I will thank God for my family sitting at the table with me. Most of all I will be thankful for Jesus who gives us his unending love and comfort in difficult times and welcomes us home to himself when our time comes.

Spend some time today being thankful for what you have and the people in your life. You never know when it will change.
Share |
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

1 Response to "An Early Thanksgiving"

  1. Beth Doda ~ disneymom2jhe says:
    September 13, 2010 at 8:49 PM

    Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year. We all spend such quality time that day and it the one time each year our entire family can actually all get together. This time of year always makes me think of Thanksgiving, and like you, all the things I am thankful for. This has inspired me to maybe have early Thanksgiving here too!