Honey Banana Whole Wheat Bread

This bread is not as "Bananay" as a typical banana bread but it delicious for french toast or peanut butter sandwiches.  This recipe is from the manual for my bread machine and I've modified it a bit. It makes a 1 1/2 pound loaf. Just layer the ingredients in the machine and choose wheat bread.

1/2 cup warm water
1 TBS butter
1/4 cup honey
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/4 cup white bread flour
3 TBS wheat gluten
1 banana diced
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp dry yeast

If you try this recipe let me know how it turns out.
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

2 Response to "Honey Banana Whole Wheat Bread"

  1. Amanda S says:
    September 2, 2010 at 8:33 PM

    Alison,
    Where do you purchase your wheat gluten? i've tried making bread myself for a while but it always turns out so crumbly and hard to use after 1-2 days. I'm thinking maybe if I add the gluten to it, it will help. But I don't know where to buy it?
    Thanks!
    Amanda

  2. Disney Diva Tips says:
    September 3, 2010 at 7:49 AM

    I found it in the baking section of the organic/healthy food isle in Giant. If you can't find it in your grocery store try a health food store. Lastly, you can probably order it online I'm sure.